The Democrats of South Dade Club (DSDC) is an active political organization that serves as a common meeting ground for all Democrats. We are one of the larger partisan clubs in Florida and meet throughout the year on a regular basis.
DSDC is dedicated to furthering the ideals of the Democratic Party. To that end, we act as an arm of the local, state and national party. We were established in 2001 and are chartered by the Florida Democratic Party.
Our primary objective is to work for the election of Democrats at every level of government. You can help us in this goal by participating in our events and assisting in our campaigns. During the election cycles, we have successfully operated campaign offices throughout Kendall and Pinecrest to help local, state and national candidates.
Our secondary objective is to work for the cause of progressive issues in Southern Miami-Dade County. In the past, we have registered voters at naturalization ceremonies, signed petitions to protect our beautiful Everglades and restore voting rights to tens of thousands of Americans who are currently unjustly banned from voting in Florida.
You’re invited to join our many volunteers in these enriching experiences.
If you are not already a member, please visit us at a meetings or at one of our local events. You’ll get to speak with candidates for office, hear interesting program speakers and meet with people who share your views about politics and government.
What We've Achieved
- We helped elect the first Cuban American Democrat, Joe Garcia to Congress in 2012 .
- We have opened our own campaign office every election year since 2000.
- We helped elect various municipal members such as Palmetto Bay mayor Eugene Flinn, is a lifelong member.
- We have the largest membership of any club in Miami-Dade County.
- We have registered thousands of voters over the last 15 years!
- We've fought to hold the Urban Development Boundary, make local financing of elections more transparent and fought to raise the minimum wage.